Wednesday, February 10, 2016

So much neat stuff!

Wow! I've been so busy working on all sorts of projects. My drawing fingers are sore, and my creativity is high.

I just wanted to share some recent things I made, and give you a sneak peek at some upcoming cool stuff.

Oregon Asian Celebration
Each year I have the pleasure of drawing the poster for the Oregon Asian Celebration. This is the year of the Monkey, and what better monkey to use than the beautiful Chinese Golden Snub-nosed monkey? I love their blue faces offset by rich golden fur.

The poster is a playful combination of hand-drawn and Copic colored monkeys on a digital background.  To get the committee excited about the idea, I found many reference photos online and composed my own drawing of one of these beautiful monkeys, cold and alone on a branch.



I didn't write down all the colors I used, but I worked heavily with the E40's family, Y21, YR12, YR14, and YR27. The blue is combination of B29, B41, and B63.

Then, I used some very light grays to suggest the branches in the distance, just like I did on this blog post of a bird, from a few months ago.

My sketch paid off. The committee agreed to let me draw these beautiful monkeys, they just wanted them to look a bit more lively than this poor soul, sitting alone on the cold, barren winter branch.

Demo
If you want to join us, we will have a booth at the convention, as well as activities going on all day in the youth art room. You can find more details at their website
Oregon Asian Celebration. The convention is Feb. 20 & 21st, held in Eugene Oregon.

For those of you scattered around the world, here is a downloadable outline based on the poster that you can print and color.

Other Events
I have a few other great things coming up in the near future. Feb. 25th 10-3pm I will be holding free demos at Proudly Oregon, at the U of O Bookstore on campus in Eugene.
April 2nd I will host some beginner coloring classes at Main Street Stamping in Tigard, OR. You can contact the store for more info.

Sneak Peek
OK, that's a lot for now. In the next few weeks I'm going to
show a neat project I'm working on with Hero Arts. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great paintings!
I wish i was so talented in writing and drawings like you...

Unknown said...

sure this is great post to learn something new, dont miss to download this Pandora premium apk

Mega Fox said...

Amazing blog and share good information with us tweakbox for android

ipman said...

whatsapp status attitude your blog is amazing and share good information with us.

Shubham Singh Thakur said...




Download and introduce Whatsapp plus application from here: Download WA Tweakers We give the authority WATweaker. We are simply giving you direct connections of the application. We have given full credits to the engineer of the application and you can likewise give him beneath given connection in footer:) We will continue to share direct connections of the application.

Whatsapp plus

pokemon go

hydrabts