Friday, June 18, 2010

Copic At Anime Expo

Anime Expo 2010
Copic will once again have a booth at Anime Expo, Los Angeles Convention Center, July 1-4. This year we will be working with Blick Art Materials.

I will be teaching 3 different workshops. If you wish to attend you need to get there early, as these classes fill quickly.

Beginner Marker Workshop
My popular beginner class. We cover papers, inking, basic coloring, airbrushing,etc.
July 1, 5:30 pm-7:30pm

Manga Inking & Papers
It's been a couple years since I have offered this class at Anime Expo. I will not talk about markers much, but I will discuss paper types, inking, tracing, penciling, and a little about converting to digital.
July 2, 9am-11am

Beginner Marker Workshop
Same class as always. I hope to see you there!
July 3, 9am-11am

If there are any topics you would like me to specifically address during these workshops, please let me know. See you soon!

12 comments:

Tanya said...

Hello, this sounds like fun :) Well actually for my daughter more than me. I don't draw no way, but my daughter on the other hand has been taking a liking to it and doing alot of Anime things since that is what she is into at the moment. How can I get more info about the classes?

Thanks

Kathy Jones said...

Sounds awesome and I'm sure you will have a fantastic time!!!! :)

Theresa said...

Thanks for the heads up. I need to attend something like this as I have all the marker but don't really know how to use them. I live in Los Angeles and I'm on vacation now. So no excuse not to come.

Chrisd said...

Are you going to use Copics or Dick Blick Studio markers? I have them and just love them

marianne walker said...

Chris, I use only Copics. They blend better and are refillable.

Fany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fany said...

I will be interested in a course like that, but it is very far for me. LOL!!! You should sale these course by the internet. That would be nice, for me and others i am quit certain. This is one of my dream taking a course with you marianne.
Fany from Québec Canada

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Have fun Marianne! I wish I could be there and attend one (all) of your classes. I really like your new look!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Deleted said...

Marianne are you allowed to give us a heads up on any nice sales or deals going on in the AX Copic booth this year? Or is that top secret?

Love that booth forever! <3

Tita Atterbury said...

Hi Marianne, about compressors, will the TC-2000 sparmax work with copic markers, the only difference between the TC-2000 and AC-101 is the airflow, the TC offers an airflow of 23-25 lpm and the AC-101 offers 12-16 lpm. Please let me know if this difference may damage the markers.

Tita Atterbury said...

Hi Marianne, about compressors, will the TC-2000 sparmax work with copic markers, the only difference between the TC-2000 and AC-101 is the airflow, the TC offers an airflow of 23-25 lpm and the AC-101 offers 12-16 lpm. Please let me know if this difference may damage the markers.

Summer said...

Ooh thats so awesome! I live in Ashland, Oregon and I'm off to Anime Expo too! ^_^ I will look for your booth. (: